Your New Implant Prosthesis
We have done our best to provide you with a well-fitted, functional, and esthetic implant prosthesis. We feel confident that adjustment to these artificial teeth will be fast and that you will have many years of satisfaction and use from them. The following information is important for you to understand:
1. Your First Few Weeks: For several days, please chew more carefully on these restorations than on natural teeth. We will adjust the bite (occlusion) on future appointments until it is very well balanced. After you have adjusted to the prosthesis, it should function in a very similar manner to natural teeth.
2. Cleaning the Implant and Prosthesis: The continuing success of the implant and the prosthesis is up to you. Please do the following:
- Visit us for examination, scaling, and polishing on a regular basis. b. Clean the implant(s) daily, especially before bedtime using floss, toothbrush, water pik, and Peridex. Please ask us about anything that is unclear to you on the subject of cleanliness.
3. The Future: We need to see you at least once every 4 months for examination and professional maintenance. These appointments are very important to the long-term success of your prosthesis. You should expect many years of use and satisfaction from your prosthesis.
Please contact use if any of the following conditions below occur:
- Feeling of looseness
- Peculiar taste
- Clicking or metallic snap while eating
- Breakage of a piece of the prosthesis
- Redness in the gum tissue around the implant
- Feeling of the bite being different
We look forward to helping you enjoy your new and improved chewing ability and esthetics.