Laser Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Laser Facial Rejuvenation Treatment known as Smoothlase®, is a natural, non-surgical method to de-age your face and give you a more youthful feel and appearance. Dr. Lyford uses an FDA-approved Fotona LightWalker® laser to stimulate the natural development of collagen in the areas around the mouth and chin. This activates a healing process that tightens, tones, and lifts sagging skin. It restores elasticity and smooths light to medium wrinkling while preventing future wrinkles from developing. You can enjoy beautiful, natural-feeling skin without injectable dermal fillers.
Using Your Body’s Natural Power
When we’re young, our body is constantly renewing and replacing the skin. But as we get older, the process of skin replacement slows down, along with the production of vital proteins like collagen and elastin. Loss of collagen is the main cause of skin aging, wrinkles, scarring, uneven skin tone, dry skin, and poor skin texture.
Your body still has the ability to make these vital proteins; it just needs to be stimulated. And that’s what Smoothlase® does. Unlike dermatological lasers that penetrate from the outside and produce visible disturbance to the skin, Smoothlase®works from within the mouth. It stimulates your body to produce new collagen and elastin in the area of your mouth, lips, chin, jawline, nose, and cheeks. With the restoration of plumpness, elasticity and tightness, the skin regains its youthful look
- Significant lifting and tightening of skin into a more youthful position
- Results develop subtly & gradually, no radical changes
- Healthy rejuvenation and creation of new, more elastic collagen on the inside with long-lasting results
- No downtime, go about your daily routine immediately after treatment
- Short in-office procedures & no foreign substances
- No surgical scars, bruising, or swelling
- No pre-treatment preparation
- No post-treatment requirements or medications
- No skin redness or sensitivity to sun
How much Smoothlase® treatment do you need?
Treatment is based on the person’s age. Most people require one treatment per 10 years of age. For example, a 40 year old would need 4 treatments to see optimal results. A 50 year old would need 5 treatments.
The procedure takes 30-45 minutes.
Treatments are given 3 weeks apart to allow the new collagen time to develop. Collagen continues to be formed for about one month after the last treatment.
*After your course of treatment is completed, Dr. Lyford advises a collagen booster treatment every 6 months. How fast your collagen re-ages depends upon your overall health, habits, and lifestyle. Remember, prevention can save you time and money in most aspects of your life. So once you go through your rejuvenation, be sure to maintain it.
You can help keep your post-treatment results by avoiding the things which damage your skin and cause collagen breakdown (i.e., aging):
- UV Radiation (avoid turning pink or red, no sun-burning)
- Dietary Toxins
- Excessive Alcohol
- Prescription Drugs Which Dehydrate You (4000+ of them)
- Poor Diet (Low in anti-oxidants like Vitamins C, E, A, Biotin, Selenium, Lutein, Lycopene)
How does Smoothlase® treatment feel?
Comfort levels vary depending the particular patient and the treatment location. Generally, there may be some sensitivity, feeling of heat, or mild discomfort towards the middle of the lip area since this area is loaded with nerves. This is what stimulates the collagen growth. Most areas of the face feel nothing to a little warmth, especially as treatment progresses throughout the session, while the laser energy is being delivered to each spot on the tissue. Most people leave the office feeling comfortable. Any tingling, tenderness, or slight swelling of tissues (looks good) is also normal, mild and temporary in nature.
Who is Smoothlase® not for?
Smoothlase® is not for people who want the overdone look of Hollywood-style plastic surgery. It is also not for those who want the instantaneous results of dermal fillers. In fact, it works the opposite of dermal fillers. With those injectables, the healthier you are, the faster their effect wears off (part of your natural healing process). With Smoothlase®, the healthier you are, the longer it lasts because it causes formation of your own, natural collagen which degrades when health is suboptimal
If you would like to learn more about Smoothlase® call Dr Lyford’s office 603-465-3800.
LASER LIP ENHANCEMENT/PLUMPING
- Do you ever feel self-conscious about the way that your lips look?
- Has aging caused your lips to lose their overall plumpness?
- Do your lips “disappear” or reveal your gum line when you smile?
Until recently, the only way to achieve more plump and youthful looking lips was through painful injectable lip fillers and implants. Both of these methods require downtime. Often times, lip fillers and implants distort the natural shape of your lips, resulting in unnaturally large or even asymmetrical lips.
- Non-surgical and non-invasive
- Zero downtime
- 5 to 15 minute in-office procedures
- No bruising
- No allergic reactions
- Stimulates the natural production of new collagen
- Unlike procedures like lip augmentation, laser lip enhancement does not require you to make any preliminary changes to your lifestyle
Because the laser emits a bright light, you will be provided with protective eyeglasses. The procedure is not uncomfortable for the vast majority of patients. The sensation during treatment has been likened to a warm or tingling feeling around the lips or mouth.
Each procedure can last from 5 to 15 minutes that an individual’s body produces deteriorates. After 6 months, a quick touch-up treatment will stimulate collagen growth to maintain the lip fullness.